Monday, September 7, 2009

FACE DOWN

You may think that I've lost my mind to post such a snowy project (and an old one) while temps are still in the 80's. This card flashed into my mind as I found myself face down this evening on the sidewalk (partly in the mulch). While there doesn't always have to be a remarkable precursor for my clumsy falls, tonight's tumble was the result of trying to outrun the sprinkler. I was told that I had 15 seconds and, by gosh, I was going to beat that thing! Needless to say, I picked myself up and dusted off my front . . . and dried off my loser of a backside. My son, with his awesome sense of humor, was walking in front of me. He said it sounded like, "Go! Go! Run! Run! [thump] OUUUCCCHHHH!!!!!" Even as my bruises were trying to achieve the perfect coloring, Chadrick made me laugh!!!! He claims that I'm worse than a toddler, and he's right! My "grace" gene was, indeed, replaced with clumsy!

No comments: