Tuesday, October 6, 2009

BIFOCALS

I went to pick up my new glasses today. This is actually the second time I picked them up. I had a progressive lens Rx the first time and didn't care for it, so the doctor's office had the lens swapped for bifocals. I can already tell that I'm going to like these MUCH better because I don't have to constantly turn and tilt my head to find the teensy weensy reader which, in the first prescription, might have been hard to find on the tip of my pinky! Even though the doctor's office apparently perceived me as one of "those" patients, I'm very pleased with how quickly they went into action to make me happy. I'm especially pleased that this change didn't cost a thing! Don't you just LOVE excellent customer service???? Now . . . about the pink hearts on the temple . . . when I selected this frame, all I saw was the pretty silver, which appeared to have some kind of design. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later, when I just happened to move my handy dandy magnifying glass by my glasses (hanging idle and useless on a paper tray), that I noticed pink hearts!!!! WTH?!? I had never noticed the pink hearts, hence the reason for getting glasses. In my defense, one of the girls in the doctor's office had selected some frames for me to try, and this was one of them . . . one that I happened to like best, with the shiny silver thing at the temple. And the pink hearts that a sight-challenged person might never notice unless she examines them under a microscope . . . or a magnifying glass. Some people wear their heart on their sleeve. I wear mine (all of them) on my "temple." I can't blame you for wanting to see the Pepto Bismol-colored hearts the next time you see me with my glasses, but try not to stare. Why, oh why, do the hearts have to be this ugly pink?

No comments: