Friday, October 9, 2009

CREATIVE USE FOR ORNAMENT PUNCH

I just love demo groups because they're chockful of ideas--more than I could ever get around to trying! I would love to take credit for the discovery of using the Ornament punch to create fish, but it wasn't my idea. Several punches were used to create this card . . . Modern Label, Scallop Oval, Large Oval, and Heart to Heart. Other Stampin' Up! products used include "Inspired by Nature" and "FYI" stamp sets, Always Artichoke, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White card stock, Kraft taffeta ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, white gel pen, and Nouveau Chic designer paper. This paper worked really nice for the fish, don't you think? The "seaweed" in the foreground was hand-cut, but I used the grassy image from "Inspired for Nature" to create the look of seaweed in the background. I think a murky color to mimic water would have kept my fish from appearing to be swimming on a lawn or maybe I just needed less green on the card. Hindsight is 20/20!

No comments: