Saturday, October 31, 2009

SMASHIN' BOTTLE CAPS ON HALLOWEEN

Today is so dreary, and it has looked like the same time (o'clock) ALL DAY LONG! I feel sorry for the little goblins who have to trek through wet grass, roads, and sidewalks to get their treats this evening, which is sure to be a foggy one. I suppose the fog will add ambiance, though. I've been smashin' bottle caps today with the Big Shot--something I had not tried yet with this particular machine. A few years ago, I used another manual die cutter to do that, but I think the Big Shot did just as well! To tell you the truth, new, unused bottle caps work best! Choosing a blue card stock to compliment Stampin' Up!'s Brushed Silver and, at the same time, coordinate with the blue glitter was more difficult than I expected. I ended up using Bordering Blue card stock, and I used the coordinating marker to color the white stripe in the ribbon. I can't believe how velvety it looks! Even though the blues (glitter and Bordering Blue) don't match, the glittered bottle cap takes center stage, which is exactly what I wanted. I used two Stampin' Up! stamp sets on this card . . . "Warm Words" and "Sweet Centers." Just look at that gorgeous glitter in the close-up photo!