Monday, March 8, 2010

"FLOWER FOLDS" FABRIC PIN

I've been seeing the fabric flower pins everywhere and have really wanted to make one!  I finally remembered this morning that I actually had some fabric swatches that I could use.  I don't remember why I ever ordered the swatches, but I finally put them to good use.  I cut four pieces of fabric (each) of three sizes of flowers using Stampin' Up!'s "Flower Folds" XL die and the Big Shot machine.  Ideally, you'd use four different fabrics, but I had to use more than that since I was working with swatches.  Since I am not one to sew, I used Fabri-Tac glue to adhere all of the flower layers in place.  How lucky that I was able find that vintage-looking heart-shaped button in my stash!  Don't judge my pin too harshly because it needs to be roughed and fluffed, but it turned out okay, don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How creative!!! Lovely fabric flower pin.! Now you must make a jacket on which to wear the pin!!
I'm a proud mother!!