Friday, April 23, 2010

SCRAPPY SHARE

As you can tell from this layout (no pictures), I'm personally not a scrapbooker; however, I enjoy designing layouts for my club members.  This is the one that I designed for our January workshop, and it's one of my favorites!  I love--and am drawn toward--creating grid pages as I did for page two.  Grids not only allow plenty of photo mats, they also afford the luxury of planned space for journaling and/or embellishments.  My first ever grid layout was THIS ONE, and it just so happens to be my most favorite--EVER!  For my January layout, I used Stampin' Up!'s "My Digital Studio" program to design page one, and it was awesome (and oh so convenient) to get the layout the way that I wanted before actually getting the supplies together to complete the page.  Something else that I loved about this layout was the use of a quote instead of an actual title.  And, of course, the various decorative elements were a lot of fun and reiterated the quote . . . snowflakes to represent the cold, hearts representing love and warmth.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Too bad you don't do the photo part . . . I know your books would be gorgeous. Black & whites would particularly stand out on pages such as these.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, Debbie! If I did scrap photos, they would probably be B&W because I'm as drawn to them as I am grid layouts! It seems that I used B&Ws on the few layouts that I completed with photos.