Friday, July 30, 2010

HEART ON MY SLEEVE, LUMP IN MY THROAT

The project posted today is really just to give you something to look at, but this post is actually one of my "ramblings".  I used two of Stampin' Up!'s new punches to create the owls and scalloped border, and I also used brand new "Elegant Soiree" designer paper on the owls.  Like I said, this post is really about a random thought--a "rambling."  Yesterday, without going into detail, my family had a very scary medical situation.  On my way to the hospital (almost two hours away), worried and a bundle of anxiety, it occurred to me that I don't really know how to "act" in a situation like that.  Even at the hospital, I kept wondering when my "instinct" would kick in and just know what to do, say, think, feel, etc.  I think I was having a real grown-up moment, probably the second one I've ever had.  I can tell you for certain that I prefer my normal, everyday, uneventful life!  Anyway, while in the car, a song came on the radio, and the DJ mentioned that she'd played a Ryan Star song once before and really liked his new one.  As the song started, I thought it was odd that that particular radio station would play a song about praying and giving your worries to God, but it was also JUST the song that I needed to hear at that moment.  The irony is that I wasn't even hearing the actual lyrics of the song, yet I got "the message" that I needed.  What I was  hearing was, "Pray, just pray; take the worry off your shoulders and put it on me," but the actual lyrics are, "Breathe, just breathe; take the world off your shoulders and put it on me."  So, I have added the song to my Playlist (at the bottom of the blog).  If you haven't heard it before, scroll down and select it.  Sometimes we really need to hear "let go of the fear" and "don't hold it inside."   Maybe you'll hear the words that you need to hear, too.  ;-)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I wasn't going to get his punch, but now you've convinced me. Breathin' for you :)