Sunday, August 22, 2010

YESTERDAY'S VISITOR

I saw this butterfly on the patio yesterday and, even after I opened the door, he stayed put--just kept gently flapping his wings.  It's as if he wanted to have his picture taken, so that's what I did.  I applied a couple of "filters" to alter the look of the photo, but that's all I did to it.  It seems that we went for a few years without seeing butterflies, but they have been one of the most pleasant things about this Summer.  I love the colors of this one and am so glad he dropped by.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

ooo, Regina. I have some pics of a beautiful butterfly like this one from this summer, too. We were sitting in our living room, and he landed on the window screen. he was so huge, I had to so see what kind of moth/butterfly this was. Boy was I lucky when it turned out to be a gorgeous blue beauty like this one!