Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A SPECIAL CARD FOR A SPECIAL LADY

A few weeks ago, I shared a birthday card that I had made for my grandmother's friend, Elizabeth.  This card is also for sweet Elizabeth because she is going through a very difficult time.  Shortly after her birthday, she found out that she has an inoperable brain tumor.  It's so sad!  Tonight I wanted to make a special card for her, so I uncovered the Cricut and pulled out my "Wild Card" cartridge.  This is actually one of my favorite cards on that cartridge, mainly because of the die-cut leafy layer (the brown paisley panel behind the flower) that I placed in the center of the card.  Normally when I make this card, I adhere the leafy panel to the inside back of the card, but this time I decided to run a tiny strip of adhesive on the far left to create a hinge so that the flower on front and the leafy layer would have free movement, and my handwritten note would have a place of its own without taking away from the overall card design.  I used Stampin' Up!'s "Square Lattice" embossing folder on the smallest flower layers, and I placed one of Stampin' Up!'s gorgeous antique brads in the center of the flowers.  While it's true that I could have selected for Elizabeth one of MANY cards that I have on hand, I always want to create something special for a special person.  I pour a lot of myself into my creations, and I hope that Elizabeth will feel that when she receives this card. 

No comments: