Thursday, November 18, 2010

HIS & HERS "YOU'RE THE BEST"

This card was created for my sweet parents who made my birthday really special . . . again and again and again.  When I started designing this card, I was anxious to use the antique car image from Cricut's "Wrap It Up" cartridge, so I used some rose colored card stock so my mother wouldn't feel that it was an all-masculine card.  After I cut the images for this card, it occurred to me that they both deserved to be on the front, but there wasn't room.  And so this easel card was born.  I love easel cards, but I had never made one this size before.  All in all, I was pleased with how it turned out!  To add extra interest to the card front, I used  a Stampin' Up! texture plate, which I thought mimicked the interior of some old cars.  The satin ribbon and antique brad (both from Stampin' Up!) lended a soft, feminine finish. 

No comments: