Friday, November 12, 2010

STENCILS & VINYL FOR "FEMININE FRIDAYS"

Last week, Julie issued a mission for me to use a Stampin' Up! stencil on a gate fold card, and I chose two of them for my projects . . . the smaller stencil from Vintage Ornaments I and Kind Thoughts Brocade.  On the front of this square card, I sponged Concord Crush ink on the ornament stencil and used a sponge dauber to apply Frost White shimmer paint for the detail.  Rhinestone jewels and tinsel trim were used to embellish the card, as well as the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and Brushed Silver card stock.  Frost White shimmer paint was again used with the Kind Thoughts Brocade stencil inside the card, and I used "Four the Holidays" stamp set for the sentiment and an image from "Tiny Tags" on the signature tag inside the card.  For my second project, I re-purposed an old cabinet door.  I used gold stencil paint creme and the Kind Thoughts Brocade stencil and added house numbers and keys, which were cut  from a Stampin' Up! Chocolate Decor Elements sheet of vinyl.  I used my Cricut Expression and the "Sentimentals" and "Storybook" cartridges for the images.  The door isn't quite finished, though.  I plan to add a glass knob and use sanding paper to further distress the door in the areas where there isn't stenciling or vinyl.  Julie, this was a GREAT mission, for one reason, because it prompted me to go ahead and do something with one of the cabinet doors which, until now, has been collecting dust.

No comments: