Saturday, December 25, 2010

ADDICTED TO WHAT????

My name is Regina, and I'm addicted to lip moisturizer.  Seriously.  I keep it in the stamp room, the kitchen, the bathroom, occasionally in the hallway and, of course, in my purse.  If I change purses and, God forbid, forget lip moisturizer (preferably, Blistex Lip Medex), I can hardly function and become immediately convinced that my lips are chapped.  I can put it on as I leave the bathroom and, when I walk by the kitchen, I'll put it on again.  Sometimes I will start to put it on without realizing, until I touch my lips, that I just put some on!  Not only am I addicted to lip moisturizer, the act of applying it has become a habit!  For the past several months, I've had a difficult time finding my favorite brand.  My son realized that I was seriously protective of what little Lip Medex I had when he asked to use it, and I held my purse open until it was returned.  So . . . he found a store that sells this highly coveted product and purchased all of this for me for Christmas (excluded from the picture is the one that I put in the kitchen).  I laughed so hard when I opened this gift!!!  Under the tree, they looked like sticks of dynamite the way he had "stack-wrapped" them (and with duct tape), and I couldn't imagine what it could be or where he'd tucked the fuse.  This is the best Christmas gift, and I might just be able to share for a little while.   For now, I must place these little gems in a secretive, secure place.

3 comments:

Wanda said...

I love that stuff too. But the Carmex is what I really like because it really keeps my lips from getting chapped, and fixes it if they are, very quickly. LOL Cute story girl - glad you got more for a Christmas present! Have a wonderful day friend.

Brenda said...

I'm addicted to lip balm too! Not your brand, but Cover Girl Lip Slicks (gives a little color too). Yep, I have them EVERYWHERE! Every coat pocket, every purse, every gym bag, you name it! So Merry Christmas from one who totally "gets it!"

Kelly Acheson said...

OMGosh!!! I am addicted to Carmex!!!! This is so funny - I keep it everywhere too! Love your work - you are very talented!