Tuesday, December 14, 2010

HOLIDAY WREATH

Several days ago, I posted a holiday wreath card HERE.  This is the card that inspired that "downsized" version.  I had high hopes for making multiples of this card because I loved the simple, yet appealing design but, after punching enough branches to make one wreath, I changed my mind!  I think I wore out the punch because it got tougher and tougher the more I used it.  If I am to make multiples of this card, I will have to begin soon to punch a few branches every so often so I will end up with a bunch by next year's card-making frenzy.  Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Real Red, and Very Vanilla card stock, crochet trim, "Merry Details" Sizzix die, Jewelry Tag punch, and "Tiny Tags" stamp set. 

2 comments:

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

This wreath card is BEAUTIFUL. I've seen similar wreaths made with that punch and was tempted to make one myself, but the sheer number of punches needed kept me from trying it. But your shading and colors are just gorgeous. So worth the effort!!! Thanks for sharing!! Smiles, Laura

Wanda said...

It's beautiful girl. I love it, but can understand about having to punch so many of the pieces and gluing them together. TFS.