Monday, January 17, 2011

MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY

When I sat down to make this week's MISM card, I was determined that it wouldn't be Valentine-related, but I also was going to try to stay away from a vintage style.  I needed a birthday card but, somehow, I ended up with this vintage-y "thinking of you" card.  Just as my craze with Mellow Moss and Eggplant Envy phased out sometime ago, I suppose I'll just have to ride out my vintage craze.  To create this card, I used the following Stampin' Up! products:  Big Shot, Scallop Circle and Flower Folds dies, Elegant Lines embossing folder, clear button, "Cute as a Button" stamp set, Very Vanilla card stock, Springtime Vintage designer paper, linen thread, and Rose Red seam binding.  To give the die-cut flowers added dimension, I crumpled them before adhering them to the card.  BTW, I used Crystal Effects to adhere the stamped designer paper to the button and again to adhere the button to the center of the flower.  Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for the reminder of the scallop circle die. I keep forgetting you can make a card with it. Brilliant!

Judy said...

Beautiful card! I used the scallop circle die for gift card holders at Christmas with the thought that they could be kept and used as an ornament. Layering it with the Flower Fold is genius! TFS