Thursday, February 24, 2011

"BLISS" DOUBLE EMBOSSING

Can I love this card?  Please?  Any project that's as easy to create as this one should certainly be loved, and anyone who receives a card like this would surely think that you went to a lot of trouble to make it!  I don't know the correct name for this technique, but I began by stamping the large image with VersaMark onto glossy card stock and gold-embossed it.  I then stamped the butterflies with VersaMark and silver-embossed them.  Next, I sponged Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, and Not Quite Navy ink--randomly--on the card stock.  When finished with the sponging, I tissued off the ink that was resisted by the embossing and used the heat tool to "re-shine" the embossed images.  I used the Eyelet Border punch on the Brushed Gold card stock and then dry-embossed it with the "Vintage Wallpaper" embossing folder.  This card was finished with a crochet trim bow, topped with a Vintage Adornment flower, and the "hello" tag.  The stamped images are from the "Bliss" and "Tiny Tags" stamp sets, and the card stock colors are Very Vanilla and Baja Breeze.

3 comments:

Julie said...

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity!

Sharon said...

That card is gorgeous. I may be CASE'ing it later! Sure looks like it takes a long time to create.

Kelly Acheson said...

I love this! I think I'll use your technique for my Technique Club next month...they're gonna love it! THANKS for sharing!