Sunday, February 27, 2011

"SEW SUITE" AND NOT SO SWEET

Today I wanted to try stamping some spools of thread using the masking technique, and I also wanted to make a cute frame using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.  Since I already had the stamped tape measure lying on my desk, waiting to be used on something, this card was born.  It's a large card--5.5" square--but I really like how it turned out!  The "not so sweet" part of making this card is that my freshly-inked Black StazOn ink pad slipped from my hand and landed on my crisp khakis, which I haven't worn in years!  I don't know why it couldn't have landed on my black shirt, but maybe I am not meant to wear anything but jeans.  :-(  Stampin' Up! products used to complete this card include Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, Whisper White, and Daffodil Delight card stock, markers to color the stamped images, twill tape, "Sweet Stitches" designer fabric brad, "Button Button" and "Sew Suite" stamp sets, Buttons #5 Sizzlits die, Stampin' Dimensionals, Square Lattice embossing folder, gold brads, and linen thread. 

2 comments:

Julie said...

For someone who does not like to sew you sure have a vision to make beautiful cards. Oh Oh Staz-on - try hairspray to remove it. It does remove ink from a ball point pen so might be worth a try.

Beth said...

Beautiful card, I love it!