Sunday, May 29, 2011

"THE OPEN SEA" MDS CARD

This card was going to my snappy Monday post, but I decided to do something else for that.  I designed this card on My Digital Studio using the following digital content:  Top Note shape, "The Open Sea" and "Vintage Overlays" stamp brush sets, button, stitching, and Baker's twine.  After printing the design, I layered it onto a piece of Early Espresso card stock, which was adhered to the Crumb Cake card.  I used the Word Window and Modern Label punches for the sentiment, which is from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set.  I absolutely LOVE the ease of creating with My Digital Studio!  Colors used for this project are Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy, and Early Espresso.  ETA:  I forgot to mention that this card also features the digital version of Nautical Expedition designer paper.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Love the shading around the ship. Makes it glow. Nice.

quirks59m said...

Beautiful card - did you do the shading of the ship in MDS or is this a sponging technique?

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

I can't remember exactly how I did the faux shading in MDS--it was either created by adding a full/100% drop shadow to the image OR I did the full/100% drop shadow and then pasted another ship image on top, perhaps moving it slightly so that it didn't rest exactly on top of the image below it. The drop shadow is definitely where the shadowing comes from.