Friday, July 1, 2011

IT'S A LUCKY LIMEADE "FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

Last week, Julie showed us some brand new Stampin' Up! products with her Freestyle Fridays post, and she challenged me to create a project this week with a Lucky Limeade focal point.  My new In Color kit from Stampin' Up! just arrived on Monday--in time for me to fulfill my mission from Julie.  I began by cutting strips of white card stock to form my faux picket fence, and I ran them through the Big Shot with the "Distressed" texturz plate to make them look more like wood.  I lightly sponged the pickets with Early Espresso ink to dirty them up a bit.  Before adhering them to the Crumb Cake card stock, I stamped the pennant images and sentiment from the brand new "Pennant Parade" stamp set.  I used the Petite Pennants and  Jewelry Tag punches to cut the stamped images, adhered the sentiment with a glimmer brad, and then tied this embellishment to one of the pickets with a piece of Linen Thread.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Itty Bitty Shapes punch, Little Leaves Sizzlits die, white gel pen, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, and Daffodil Delight card stock.  Since I began a major "house purging" this week, I have been up to my eyeballs in junk that I wish could magically disappear, and it was so nice to know that I had a starting point for this project with the mission Julie issued last week.  I think sometimes that she can't possibly know how those missions save the day!  Thanks, Julie!  BTW, in case you don't already know, Lucky Limeade is one of the five new colors added to Stampin' Up!'s "In Color" collection.

2 comments:

SherryBee said...

Beautiful card! Again! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh Regina that is a very cool & original card. Once again Great Job.
Betty H