Monday, July 18, 2011

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

I am so excited to share this week’s MISM project! I used a brand new My Digital Studio download (“House & Home” stamp brush set) and a fun MDS technique to create the focal point for this card. All of the images in the “House & Home” set are silhouettes, and I used digital punch shapes, filled with “Domestic Goddess” designer paper, to color the lamp and shade. How cool is that???? What makes this such a fun technique is that once you fill the punch shape with designer paper, you can reduce or enlarge the paper AND choose the portion of the design on the designer paper that you want to show on your paper-filled punch shape. Read that sentence again, and let it sink in.  Other digital images used on my card include Baker’s twine, In Color designer button, “Lots of Tags” shape (for the sentiment), silver Hodgepodge Hardware, and Pool Party colored bow. On my finished card, I used the brand new Lace Ribbon punch to create a Calypso Coral lacy border, “Domestic Goddess” designer paper (gingham design--the same design that I used to paper-fill the punched circles/ovals on the lamp base), mini clothespin topped with a Brights designer collection yellow button, Stampin' Dimensionals, and Pool Party card stock. I’m including a close-up photo of my finished design so you can clearly see how dimensional digital designs can appear when you use the "drop shadow" tool in MDS. While the design process for this card wasn’t exactly “snappy,” I’m considering this a snappy Monday project because multiples of a finished MDS design can be printed and used to create several cards . . . in a snap! I {heart} MDS!!!!


1 comment:

Christyne said...

BRILLIANT!! What a great idea to fill the shapes with punches. TFS.