Friday, September 23, 2011

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

With her Freestyle Fridays post last week, Julie used a project on the cover of a Stampin' Success magazine as an inspiring sketch for the pretty card that she created and shared on her blog.  She challenged me to do the same, and I totally accepted the challenge by choosing a card that was

featured on the cover of the November 2009 publication.  Even though I used a different color combo, bird, branch, ribbon, sentiment, button, border punch, and embossing folder, I didn't really change or add anything to make the overall design my own.   Even so, I had this card completed lickety-split and felt a sense of relief knowing that my Freestyle Fridays project was ready to go.  When you are not feeling very creative, pick up a magazine and choose something to inspire you!  It may be a color combo, an ad layout, a tag that you basically copy and use as an accent on a card or scrapbook page, or something else that jump-starts your creativity.  Whatever it is, run with it and enjoy yourself!  Of course, if you know the name of the person who originally designed the project that inspired you, it's nice to give credit where credit is due.  Stampin' Up! products used to complete my card include Pool Party, Real Red, and Whisper White card stock, Snow Burst embossing folder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Two-Step Bird punch, pearl jewel, designer button, Baker's twine, "Petite Pairs" stamp set, and Old Olive scallop dots ribbon.

1 comment:

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Hi Regina! I just really like what you have done with this card. I like the way that you incorporated the dry embossing and all the other little extras it is very special as always.