Monday, September 26, 2011

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY" . . . ROUGHLY-QUILLED ROSEBUDS

When I sat down yesterday to create a project for "snappy Monday," my thoughts were leaning toward something Halloweenish.  As I stared at the mess on my desk (which had been left from getting ready for a vendor fair on Saturday), I spotted something pretty and useful among the rubble.  It was a roughly-quilled Rich Razzleberry rosebud that my son had left as trash on my desk.  Whenever Chad comes to the stamp room, he has a tendency to pick up scraps and strips of card stock and paper and will roll, twirl, fold, snip, and otherwise destroy them while he chats with me.  Of course, he always leaves remnants of his visits, but I don't mind because I love it when he comes in to talk to me.  So, I found two torn strips of card stock that Chad had rolled into "trash balls" and decided to build my project around them.  I know my colors are all over the spectrum and nothing really coordinates, but I was quite pleased with the way this project turned out.  I began my project with a piece of 5.5" x 8.5" Wisteria Wonder designer paper from Stampin' Up!'s In Color Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack, which was scored with the Simply Scored tool to create a 2-4-6-8 box.  I *LOVE* this new scoring tool!!!!  Other Stampin' Up! products used include Sizzlits Lots of Tags die, Scallop Oval and Two-Step Bird punches, "Pocketful of Posies" designer paper, Old Olive card stock, Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon, and a mini clothespin which holds the box closed.  Thank you, Chad, for these little rosebuds.  Now, if I could only find a purpose for the interesting paper clip shapes that you leave in the stamp room . . .


1 comment:

Lori Mueller said...

Ooh! I really like your version of quilling...very pretty!