Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"SPICE CAKE" VINTAGE ADORNMENT

I {heart} Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio software!  Seriously . . . I love using this program!  Most of the time, I keep things really simple by choosing an 8.5" x 11" individual page and create a design that I can print, cut to size, and use on a card.  And that's how this card got its start.  I started with a square punch, filled it with Crumb Cake color, added the script image from "French Foliage", added a scallop square, filled it with Spice Cake designer paper, and gave it a drop-shadow.  The bluish floral image was created by using assorted sizes of Very Vanilla Vintage Adornment Flowers, which were given drop-shadows in Baja Breeze, Pool Party, and Crumb Cake.  The final digital addition to the design was the crochet trim.  After the design was printed and cut, I sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink, adhered it to a Pool Party layer, and then used brads to adhere it to the Very Vanilla layer, which was embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the Very Vanilla layer to a Soft Suede square card.  And the best part of all?  I can whip up another card just like this one by printing the image again!  What's not to love about that?

1 comment:

Tracy Vinson said...

This is an absolute fabulous creation...not a card....but a lovely piece of art work that deserves to be framed. I am Tracy, owner of Sugar Creek Hollow. Would you email me? I would love to speak with you about designing for us. sugarcreekhollow@gmail.com