Friday, November 18, 2011

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS" . . . A FALL WEDDING CARD


Last week, Julie shared a Peach Parfait wedding card that she made for a co-worker, and she challenged me to design a wedding card this week using Fall colors .  Fortunately, Stampin' Up! has this gorgeous "Spice Cake" designer paper, which was perfect for my little flowers.  To create the flowers, I punched five circles for each flower, misted them with water, crumpled and then unfolded them, shaped them in a crumpled fashion, and left them to dry.  Once dry, I stacked them, pierced a hole in the center, and inserted a brad to hold them together.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create my gate fold card include Simply Scored scoring tool, More Mustard, Pool Party, and Very Vanilla card stock, Early Espresso and Pool Party ink, "Word Play" stamp set, circle punches, rhinestone jewel, "Vintage Wallpaper" embossing folder, and satin ribbon.  At first, I thought it would be challenging to create a Fall wedding card, trying to stay away from leaves in tones of rust and brown, but I think this card turned out okay and with just a touch of elegance.  Thank you, Julie, for yet another fun mission!

1 comment: