Friday, November 25, 2011

VINTAGE "SEWING ROOM" CARD

My sister had a birthday this past Tuesday, and this is the card that I made for her.  Somehow, I just know that it will find a permanent place in her sewing room.  My sweet niece, Haley, gave me the "Sewing Room" die for my birthday that I used to cut the dressform and thread spool.  Card stock wasn't going to be sturdy enough for this card, so I cut two additional shapes from thin chipboard and adhered the Early Espresso die-cuts to them.  The two pieces are adhered at the top with adhesive, and I created a score line on the front piece so the card would open easily.  Stampin' Up! products that I used include crochet trim, Jewelry Tag punch, "Pennant Parade" stamp set, hemp twine, linen thread, and designer button.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Birthday card is displayed beside my coffee pot in my sewing room. I smile everytime I look at it. Such a lovely piece of work. I love you. Renee