Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A DRINKING BIRD FOR EVERYONE


One of my favorite things about Christmas is having all of my family at my house on Christmas Day.  I always have a little something for them, and these four little packages were one of the treats for each of the families . . . a "Drinking Lucky Bird."  One of the things that I remember seeing at my grandparents' house was one of these birds on the coffee table, and we (the grandchildren) were always amazed at how the bird stayed in constant motion.  We didn't know, of course, that it was scientific (thermodynamics) . . . we were simply amazed.  When I saw these online the week before Christmas, I decided that I had to have one for each family member and sprung for expedited shipping to make sure they arrived in time.  My grandmother has probably not missed the drinking bird, and she now has a new one for her home.  Ha!  I enjoy mine and hope the other members of my family will enjoy theirs.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Regina,

I too grew up with one of these and have fond memories of being amazed at how it worked. (of course at 5 we are always amazed)When I found one on Ebay(the old one) I just had to get it. It is in my curio cabinet with my Zoo keyn (Detroit) and my treasured Topo Gigo. Thanks for the memories and the idea to get one for each of my Sisters.

Terri