Friday, December 2, 2011

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"



Well, here we are again . . . it's Friday and time for Freestyle Fridays.  Man, the Fridays are just coming around so quickly!  Last week, Julie challenged me to create a "little gift" -- anything but a card.  If you didn't see her project last week, be sure to check it out HERE.  The sweet ladies who attended my November class got to make a mini loaf box similar to the one pictured above and, since I love this project so much, I decided that I would make one for today.  Instead of using it to hold something baked and delicious, I decided to toss in two mini jars full of buttons.  This would constitute a fun gift for most everyone that I know.  I have to tell you that the inspiration for the mini loaf box came from my friend, Laura.  She sent me a precious box last year, and I kept that box on my stamp shelf for ONE WHOLE YEAR because I didn't want to forget to let my customers make one for this holiday season.  I used all Stampin' Up! products in the making of my box . . . "Letters to Santa" designer paper, Early Espresso 1-1/4" striped ribbon, Eyelet Border punch, Scallop Circle punch, Ornament punch, Word Window punch, 3/4" Circle punch, Snow Burst embossing folder, Whisper White, Old Olive, and Early Espresso card stock, "Delightful Decorations" and "Short & Sweet" stamp sets, and Baker's twine.  This is definitely a project that can be made with or without lots of detail.  Thanks again, Julie, for the fun "mission," and thanks to Laura for the project idea!  Have a great weekend, and visit me on Monday for another "snappy" project . . . PLUS . . . a really FUN giveaway opportunity that you won't want to miss!

No comments: