Friday, January 27, 2012

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS" AND A SWEET VALENTINE


It's hard to believe that the month of January is almost gone, and it will soon be Valentine's Day!  With her Freestyle Fridays post last week, Julie issued a mission for me to create a Valentine . . . BUT . . . it had to be 4" x 9.25".  I'm here to tell you that when you are addicted to making 4.25" square cards, 9.25" seems like a lot of card to design/decorate!  It just seems that way, though.  Once I got started, this card actually came together rather quickly and, if you think about it, this card isn't that big by Hallmark standards.  I can remember when I first came to know about Stampin' Up! and fell in love with their products (and stamping), I thought 4.25" x 5.5" was a small card.  All of the products used to create this card are from Stampin' Up! and include the following:  Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, and Calypso Coral card stock, Stamp-a-ma-jig (can you imagine trying to stamp the heart-shaped bicycle image in the heart-shaped window without it), Hearts Collection Framelits, Calypso Coral ruffled ribbon, Adorning Accents Edgelits and embossing folder, "Sweet Shop" designer paper, In Color printed designer brad, Square Lattice embossing folder, rhinestone jewels, and the following stamp sets - "Take it to Heart," "Occasions Alphabet," and "Something Sweet."  Julie, thank you for continuously thinking of ways to challenge me--I really enjoy the missions!

1 comment:

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Regina, you have done it again. I just love what you have created for us this week. The colours, everything just look so great... now to try it myself.