Sunday, January 8, 2012

MASCULINE CARD AND A REALLY FUN WAY TO ATTACH A SENTIMENT TO A CARD

Today is my husband's birthday, and this is the card that I made for him.  All week, I have wanted to participate in Craft Project Central's Creating Pretty Cards - Card Challenge #7 and, since I needed to make a card for my husband, I decided that my submission would be a masculine design.  Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include "Countryside" and "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp sets, 1-3/8" circle punch, tag punch, silver brads, "Well Worn" designer paper, River Rock and Early Espresso card stock, Shimmery White card stock (for the stamped image), Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painter, Stampin' Sponges, Mat Pack and piercing tool, and denim ribbon.  I've had this ribbon for so long, and this is the first time I've used it.  I can honestly say that my most favorite part of this card is the way the sentiment tag is folded over the top of the ribbon.  Don't you just love it when a good idea jumps out at you at just the right moment?  Why don't you treat yourself to a cupcake to celebrate with us today and then create a card for Craft Project Central's card challenge #7?  You might end up winning a FREE one-month subscription!  There's really nothing to lose!

5 comments:

Jacque said...

Regina, I love your masculine take on this sketch! I have such a hard time with masculine cards so thanks for your inspiration and for sharing in our challenge!!

Patrice H said...

FABULOUS!!!! Idea Regina I'm going to case it for sure!

KilkennyVFX said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubby!! This is a great card! Yes! I love the way the sentiment folds over the ribbon with the brads. How creative! Your watercoloring is beautiful and I love the brads on the wheels too! Thanks for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge.

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

Regina, I just LOVE this card! Perfect for your hubby! And the sentiment tag is a great idea! Tell your hubby HB for me!!
Smiles, Laura

Cards By Jan said...

Wow...i just bet your hubby love this card...its a KEEPER!! awesome colouring too!!