Saturday, January 7, 2012

RUE DES FLEURS

Right off the bat, let me just say that this was NOT an easy card to photograph, and it looked much better in real life before I dropped it in the mail.  I can't think of the name of the technique. but I stamped the image with white Craft ink and then colored it with Stampin' Pastels and gently brushed away the excess chalk with a tissue.  To make the colors pop and add a little sparkle, I sprayed the black card stock with a shimmer mist created by mixing Stampin' Up!'s Champagne Mist shimmer paint with water.  Unfortunately, the shimmer mist presents as little white specks in the photo.  All products used to create this card are from Stampin' Up! and include:  "Rue Des Fleurs" stamp set, "Adorning Accents" Edgelits die and embossing folders (including the embossed hearts along the bottom of the card), seam binding, oval punches, and rhinestone jewel.  When I first got this stamp set, I wasn't exactly sure how I wanted to color this image.  Sometimes, when I'm stumped or an image is very detailed and will require a lot of careful coloring, this is my "go to" technique.  It's quick, quite forgiving, and most always produces a good look.

No comments: