Friday, February 10, 2012

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

With her Freestyle Fridays post last week, Julie issued a mission for me to create two cards using the same colors, same stamp set, same technique, and only ONE embellishment.  This was quite a challenge for me, and I had to give a lot of thought to what I wanted to do.  Really, Julie?  Only ONE embellishment?!?!  The "masking" technique that I used on these two cards is one that I am doing with my Inkerbelles' class next Friday, and it's one that I really, really like!  To create my mask, I used a 1-3/8" square punch on a piece of paper the same size as my card front.  Paper clips held the mask in place as I used sponge daubers to apply the So Saffron, Baja Breeze, and Soft Suede ink to the card stock exposed through the punched window on the mask.  The stamp sets that I used (I hope it's okay that I used two of them) were "Fresh Vintage" and "Perfect Words".  The lone embellishment that I chose was Pool Party seam binding and, even though it's a very different shade from the Baja blue ink, it seemed to work just fine.  Although the design is very simplistic, I am pleased with these two cards!  I love Julie's challenges, and I guess it's okay if they stump me sometimes.  I think everyone who reads this blog post should challenge themselves to create two cards using the same colors, same stamp set, same technique, and . . . one (uno, een, eine, un) single solitary lonely embellishment.  I'd love to see what you make!

2 comments:

Nancy Seed said...

Wow. Both cards give a big punch. I like this kind of card and will be sure to CASe it. TFS.

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

I love what you have done with both of these cards. I never have used this type of method myself so now you have sparked my creative interest and I will try to create something similar. Thankyou so much for always meeting Julie's challenges with such wonderful ideas.