Monday, February 27, 2012

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY" SHAPED CARD

I love shaped cards, and today's MISM project is a jalopy-shaped card created with a Sizzix die that I purchased during a shopping trip with my mother on Saturday.  I always enjoy our shopping trips, but I think the people in Winston must have been Christmas shopping because the traffic was horrible--bumper-to-bumper cars and parking lots FULL.  Even so, the outing with my mother was a lot of fun.  To make my card, I actually die-cut three pieces of paper.  The card base is a piece of Stampin' Up! Basic Black card stock, folded in half and placed on the die just below the cut line at the roof of the jalopy to form a hinge; Crumb Cake card stock which I adhered to the inside of the card so I'd have a light-colored surface to write a note; and I die-cut a piece of designer paper for the front of the card.  The "love" key is tied on with hemp twine, and I used a gold pen to write "luv u" on the front license plate.  All in all, I kept everything simple on this shaped card, which is why it's my "snappy" project for today.  Doesn't this card make you want to use one of your dies to create a shaped card?  Go for it!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Hi Regina, Sorry I haven't commented in a while. There is a lot going on around here. I love everything you have been doing lately . You are Uber talented and your work keeps me motivated and makes me want to do better! I just thought you should know that!