Friday, June 15, 2012

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

Last week, Julie shared a Freestyle Fridays project featuring embossed ribbon on a card that she had sponged with three colors of ink, and she issued a mission for me to feature sponging with three colors this week and to use ribbon--a lot or a little.  At first, I thought it might be quite a challenge, but then I had an idea.  That's the good thing about missions/challenges . . . they make you think!  For my card, I knew that I wanted to use some of Stampin' Up!'s newest products, and I used "For the Birds" stamp set and one of the "Delicate Designs" embossing folders.  For the background, I used Sponge Daubers to apply Calypso Coral, Pool Party, and Daffodil Delight ink.  The other side of the card actually looked better, but I placed the card stock upside-down in the embossing folder and had to use the side that you see.  Actually, I'm not sure what is considered "upside-down" with this embossing folder.  Normally, I consider the raised edges of the folder to be the back since it's going to push into the card stock, thus creating the embossed texture.  With this lacy design, though, I thought it looked more like lace (especially after it was lightly sanded) when I used what I would normally consider the backside because the larger areas are debossed.  Most of Stampin' Up!'s embossing folders, if not all of them, are designed so that the Sizzix/Stampin' Up! logo is the front (right-side-up) and, if using that to gauge the front/top of the embossed design, then it is shown (politically) correct in the photo.  Anyway, moving right along, after punching the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to know exactly where to stamp the image, which was colored with markers.  The two ruffled ribbons that I used are Pool Party and Calypso Coral, and the finishing touch to the card was the addition of three rhinestone jewels along the top of the sentiment banner.  Card stock colors are Whisper White and Calypso Coral, and this card is 4.75" square.  Surprise, surprise . . . yet another square card.  Thank you, Julie, for yet another fun mission!!!  If you haven't tried any of Julie's missions, you really should!

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Very pretty Regina! Another winner.