Friday, October 26, 2012

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

It's time for Freestyle Fridays, and that means that it's Friday.  Woohoo!!!!!!  I don't know why, but I always get excited to see Friday roll around.  With her Halloween project last week, Julie issued a mission for me to create a Halloween project this week using a background stamp, and my project couldn't include anything green.  Even though black and orange are commonly associated with Halloween, somehow I wanted to gravitate toward green, perhaps because it was forbidden.  From the start, I knew that I would use Stampin' Up!'s Perfect Plum because I love this color and also because I have this gorgeous taffeta ribbon.  My other colors are Basic Gray, Basic Black, and Daffodil Delight.  After I stamped the image from "Toxic Treats", I used a Labels Collection Framelits die to cut it and then used sponges to apply Daffodil Delight, Perfect Plum, and Cajun Craze ink to color it.  I used a larger die for the Basic Black mat, which I embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  On the Perfect Plum card stock, I stamped the retired "Cheesecloth" image using black ink.  I wish this background stamp wasn't retired because it's one of my most favorite.  Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details was added to the witch's skirt and cape.  Even witches need a little sparkly stuff!  The Silver Sparkle is so . . . well . . . sparkly and is probably my favorite of Stampin' Up!'s Dazzling Details.  Thank you, Julie, for a fun mission and one that had me scrambling to choose something besides green.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Excellent Regina! Using the cheesecloth background really added to the spooky theme of the celebration ahead.

Jacoline said...

Love your card this week Regina. Look forward to your next creation