Monday, November 26, 2012

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

"Now bring us some figgy pudding and a cup of good cheer"
For today's MISM project, I wanted to try an svg cut file that I recently downloaded.  I just got my Silhouette Cameo about a month ago and haven't found the time to use it as much as I'd like but, as I looked at all of the images available to me, there was one that stood out . . . figgy pudding.  Surprisingly (and thankfully, too), it was so easy to add a duplicate of the darkest shape, which I welded to the top of the existing shape to form the base for this shaped card.  My only other addition to the cut file was the shaped layer for the inside of the card so that a handwritten note would be visible.  In no time, my card layers were perfectly cut and ready for assembly.  Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, and Old Olive card stock, "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set, Word Window and Modern Label punches, Cherry Cobbler Baker's twine, and Crystal Effects (on the berries).  This was truly a snappy card to make.  Waiting for the Crystal Effects to dry took the most amount of time.  Now, I have never had figgy pudding and didn't realize that it's more of a cake than a pudding but, if you'd like to try it, a recipe and a little bit of history was found HERE.

No comments: