Tuesday, January 29, 2013

BRITISH CONGRATS ARE IN ORDER

Sentiment inside the card
A couple of years ago, my husband decided to go back to college to complete his Bachelor's degree and then looked forward to earning his Master's.  As you might imagine, it's not easy for an adult to return to school, particularly while working a full-time job that involves traveling.  I am really proud of his dedication to this goal because not only did he complete the courses of study, he maintained an A average all the while.  For a few days, he's been waiting for his degree to arrive and, shortly after he left for work today, it came.  My son and I decided to open the package and wrap it as a gift, and pictured here is the card that I made to also include in the box.  We often joke with my husband about his fascination with the BBC station and anything British, which is why I purchased the "British Invasion" stamp set a while ago.  I knew it would come in handy!  To create this card, I used a couple of strips of washi tape along the bottom, and the following Stampin' Up! products:  Whisper White and Basic Gray card stock, red brads (retired), 1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon (retired), and Word Window punch.  At the last graduation ceremony, I saw him looking at the impressive velvet panels on the robes worn by the PhD graduates, and I can't help but wonder if he's setting a new goal.  One thing is for certain . . . I know that he would be just as dedicated and do GREAT!

1 comment:

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

My congrats to Fadi!! How proud he must be. Way to go!! Love the card you made, too!
Smiles, Laura