Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I PUSHED MY LUCK

I pushed my luck recently and had to appeal to the mercy of a family "friend with connections" to help.  When someone does a friendly favor for you, the least you can do is make a special card to say thanks, and this is the card that I made for her . . . and tucked it into a nice little package with a set of note cards.  Don't you just love the "sentiment" on this card?  I found it in a paper pad while shopping with my mother a while back, and all of the papers (4x6) in the pad have cute quips on them.  This one, in particular, seemed perfect for the situation!  There's a story behind the doily, too.  The weather on Sunday was soooooo pretty here, and my guys and I went for an afternoon of shooting at my brother-in-law's house.  Afterward, we went for an early dinner at Red Robin.  My husband ordered a cup of clam chowder, and it was served with this gorgeous doily under the cup.  Who would have thought that I'd find such a pretty embellishment at Red Robin?!?!  I told my husband to (please) give me that doily before he dripped chowder on it and, as it turned out, there were actually a total of five doilies stuck together.  Gotta love it when the kitchen or wait staff is too busy to make sure they've separated those things!  I wasn't sure how I would use one of the doilies on this card, but I was determined to use one and am quite pleased with how it looks.  The ribbon and buttons are from Stampin' Up!'s Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button Pack (a Sale-a-Bration product), and the rhinestone jewels are also from Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Really cute card and I like the quote!

Ariel said...

lol I love that quote. It looks like those eCards that are all the rage on Pinterest. And love the freebie embellishment--how awesome!
Beautiful card.