Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"EPIC DAY" QUILT & SEWING THEMED CARD

You know how it happens.  You sit down to create a special card, not really sure of anything other than a starting point (hopefully), and the next thing you know you are falling in love with what you're making--simply WOW'd that you are the one who has created it.  That's exactly how things happened with this card.  My precious grandmother asked me to make two special birthday cards for quilting friends who have upcoming birthdays and, knowing how special her quilting friends are to her, I knew the cards had to be awesome.  Best of all, I didn't have to worry about bulk and dimension since the cards will be hand-delivered, and that is a card-maker's dream! 
If you're thinking that I seem conceited about this card, I promise that I am NOT that kind of person.  I think it's okay to like love something that you've made, and it's a rare occasion when you are surprised with each step of the process as you see it finally coming together.  Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include:  

Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze
Designer Paper:  This and That Epic Day (I this paper!!!!)
Ink:  Can you believe there isn't a drop of ink on this card?
Stamp Sets:  There is no stamping on this card.  What?????
Sizzix:  Dress Up Framelits dies
Accessories:  Baker's twine, designer button, Vintage Faceted designer button, Stampin' Dimensionals, distress tool, pearl jewels, ribbon


No comments: