Tuesday, May 21, 2013

SPOOL-SHAPED CARDS

Lately, I've enjoyed making spool-shaped cards and am sharing two of them in this blog post.  One of my favorite things about these cards is that the ribbon and buttons can be removed and put to good, creative use.  The first card features Stampin' Up! ribbon, buttons, Baker's twine, and a cute hanger-shaped clip, as well as an image from the retired "Sew Suite" stamp set.
The second card features the same (or similar) Stampin' Up! products, as well as a Vintage Trinkets pin and mini brad.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut both of the cards and the miniature scissors. It seems that I do a little something different to each spool-shaped card, and I end up liking "the next one" even better than the last one!
I have found that there are two things to take into consideration when making one of these cards . . . (1) Do I have buttons to match the ribbon, and (2) Do I have enough ribbon.  I would say that a spool card is perfect for ribbon scraps, but these cards call for a pretty long "scrap" of ribbon!  I haven't yet measured to see exactly how much ribbon I've put on any of the cards, but it's definitely enough that the recipient could use it on a few projects--if she can talk herself into "un-doing" the card.

No comments: