Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A QUICK AND EASY HELLO

I was out and about yesterday and couldn't resist buying some contraband which, in this case, consists of the non-Stampin' Up! die-cut felt flowers and ribbon that I used on this card.  The felt flowers were half-price, and I loved the assorted sizes and bright colors.  And then when I saw the floral ribbon . . . well . . . who could resist?  As for the gingham ribbon, I think gingham must be my favorite because I am simply drawn to it.  It works with just about anything and doesn't scream "look at me, look at me!"  It lends the right amount of [subtle] detail.  Did you notice the stitching at the top of the hello flag?  Yes, that's REAL stitching and it's REALLY holding that flag to the card and I REALLY did it myself--by hand.  Is it cheating that I used one of Stampin' Up!'s Essential Paper-Piercing Pack templates to first pierce the holes?  If so, then call me a cheater.  It worked really well to have the holes straight and perfectly aligned!  The stamped hello and the chevron background are from Stampin' Up!'s June My Paper Pumpkin Kit, and my card stock colors are Whisper White and Pistachio Pudding.

No comments: