Tuesday, July 2, 2013

ROCK 'N ROLL "BLOOMING WITH KINDNESS"

It was probably four or five years ago when I learned the Rock 'n Roll technique, and I loved it!  At the time, Stampin' Up! had the perfect stamp set for it (a Sale-a-Bration set), although I can't remember the name of the set as of this writing.  I still have it, though!  I made this card about two weeks ago, and I can't remember the orange-looking color that I used.  The photo makes it look really orange, but that's not how I remembered it looking when I put it in the mail.  We'll call it orange anyway.  To accomplish the two colors for the flower, I first inked the stamp with the orange ink, then rocked and rolled the edges of the stamp in Rich Razzleberry ink, wiped the ink off of the stem and then used an Always Artichoke marker to color the stem.  Easy, easy, easy and full of WOWness!  Other Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include Blooming with Kindness, Sassy Salutations and French Foliage stamp sets, Always Artichoke, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, and "orange" card stock, natural hemp twine (available in the Clearance Rack), Decorative Label punch, and Stripes embossing folder.  Two of my stampin' friends brought refreshments to my class last month (homemade cheesecake, strawberries, and chex mix . . . YUM!!!), and I sent one of these cards to each of them.

No comments: