Friday, November 22, 2013

FREESTYLE FRIDAYS

First of all, today is my sister's birthday so . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Renee!!!  We're not quite a year apart--she was born on November 22nd one year, and I was born on November 8th the next year--so we're the same age for two weeks each year.  For many years, people thought we were twins because we were pretty much the same size--until my vitamins worked and her's didn't.  You would think that being born so close that we would have been really close growing up, but we weren't.  I'm glad that we're friends now, but I suppose it's because opposites attract.  We are as different as night and day.  So there's your shout-out, Renee.  Wishing you not only a blessed and happy day, but blessed and happy EVERY day!

Before I share my Freestyle Fridays project, I must share the awesome mail that I received yesterday.  Remember the card and muslin bag that Julie shared last week?  They are now in my possession, and you should see what was in that cute little bag:
 
Aren't those necklaces FUN?!?!  Julie girl knows exactly how to spoil someone.  I felt like the birthday girl all over again when I emptied that pretty bag to find not one--but TWO--necklaces!  The tissue paper got the first "wow".  Just look at it!  And those adorable charms on the tails of the seam binding which, by the way, she threaded through the top of the hand-stamped muslin bag.  I wasn't sure which photo I wanted to share, so I'm sharing both of them because the second one shows off the card, which is worth seeing again.  And yes, she stamped the envelope, too.  If Julie had bags under her eyes for a week or so, then I feel responsible because I'll bet she spent many late nights thinking up and adding so many details to this sweet birthday gift.  Julie, THANK YOU so much for sending a huge amount of birthday happy to my house!
And now that I've covered everything else, let me tell you about my Freestyle Fridays project.  Of course, it pales in comparison to Julie's, and it just barely satisfies the mission that she set forth for me.  I was missing My Digital Studio, so I decided to use the program to create the focal point for my card.  At some point in the week, I was thinking that I was supposed to use Crumb Cake and Baja Breeze, and I began my design with those two colors.  Then, as if I couldn't hop over to Julie's blog to verify, I decided that I had been confused and that I was supposed to use Baja Breeze and pink.  Fortunately, I kept some of the Crumb Cake on my design, although I would have used it more heavily if I'd been doing the right thing.
After printing the design on Whisper White card stock, I trimmed it to size, adhered it to a Whisper White mat, which was adhered to the Baja Breeze card.  This digital design features several of my very favorite MDS embellishments . . . Taffeta Trimmings, Baker's twine, Mis-Stitched (I think I use something from this embellishment kit on every digital design), and Staples & Stitching.  Other MDS products featured include Artistic Etchings and Adventure Awaits stamp brush sets, and the Follow Your Bliss kit. Julie Beaulieu, thank you again SO VERY MUCH for such a sweet and generous birthday gift!!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Most excellent creation Regina. Love how you designed this one. And thanks for the encouragement to use MDS. Glad to see your gift arrived safe and sound and that your are thrilled with it. Isn't that "sugar" just perfect. If only I could have sent you a pie :)