Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY" . . . ON TUESDAY

Today's MISM project is the card that I sent to customers who placed an online order last month.  I'm afraid the photo really doesn't do justice for this card, which was heavily inspired by this one.  When I saw it, I knew that I wanted to make something similar.  I love Stampin' Up!'s Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, and this card demonstrates a very fun way to use several of the images to create a simple card that really doesn't need a lot of fluff.  My color combo is Soft Sky, Cherry Cobbler, and Very Vanilla, and the "non-grunge" images (sentiment and the punched heart) are from one of Stampin' Up!'s new photopolymer sets, Another Thank You.  Adding a little mmmm to the card is the washi tape, rhinestone jewel, and the shimmery scratch images in the top left corner which were stamped with silver Encore Metallic ink.  I normally sign my cards, but I decided to do something different last month by including this poem that I found at SCS and tweaked just a tad:
I didn't sign this card
before sending it off to you . . . 
instead it holds my warmest thanks -
invisible, but true.
And if you find a time you need
to thank someone someday,
then take this card and sign it
and send it on its way.


No comments: