Sunday, December 22, 2013

MAMAW'S CHRISTMAS CARD

I had so much fun making this card for my grandmother!  Knowing that she would keep her card on display throughout the Christmas season, I wanted it to be something that was really festive.  This was the first time that I had used Spellbinders' Window Two die, and I love the pretty detailing and the fact that the window actually opens.  Two other dies that are featured on this card are the staircase, to which I added "garland" using a Martha Stewart sprig punch, and the Christmas tree, which was also covered with the same punched sprigs to give it a little dimension.  I used Stampin' Up!'s silver glimmer paper and one of the punches from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack to decorate the tree, but the photo didn't pick up just how glittery those pieces really are.  The little card to the left of the tree was used to write a message, and I placed four rhinestone jewels to give it a little wow.
One of the bonuses to making this card was that--even with all of it's dimension--it fit nicely in a regular envelope.

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

I know she will cherish this card. It is gorgeous.