Friday, January 17, 2014

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

Today I'm flying solo with a Freestyle Fridays post.  Julie Beaulieu and I haven't posted for the past couple of weeks--first because of the Christmas holiday and then because she hasn't been well.  The card that I'm sharing is one that I made about a month ago, and it features Stampin' Up!'s brand new Blessed Easter stamp set, and the sentiment is from the So Sorry stamp set.  Bet you couldn't have guessed that, huh?  Blessed Easter could be easily described as a must-have and simply gorgeously beautiful set.  What's not to love about tulips????  These three beauties remind me of one of the first favorite stamp sets that I ever owned . . . Terrific Tulips.  O.M.G.  That was--and still is--a favorite of mine.  You might notice that I neglected to color that one side of the leaf on the right.  My mother would be saying, "Now why did you feel the need to draw attention to that?"  Well, I have plenty of opportunities to make a fool of myself without knowing it, and I suppose I feel that I can somehow redeem my intelligence by making it known that I (now) realize my error.  When the little bunch of tulips is first stamped, it's kind of hard to tell where to start and stop coloring the leaves.  And then, all of a sudden, you look at the photo of the card that [gasp] is incomplete but already mailed, and you want to turn into a vapor, seep into the recipient's home with a marker, and finish the coloring.  Oh well . . . at least I prettied up the tulips with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  
 
This is a photo of the images in the set, which you can see/order HERE.

Have a happy Friday, a fabulous weekend, and say a little prayer that Julie will feel like stamping really soon.

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

It is STILL spectacular! I thought you did it on purpose since it makes the tulips POP!