Friday, February 21, 2014

MAKE ME HAPPY

Soft Sky.
Doilies.
Soft Suede.
Dry-embossing.
Ruffled trim.
Rhinestone jewels.

These are just some of the things that make me happy.  Lately, I've had a hard time embracing gold (kind of hard to tell from my blog, huh?), but page 21 of the Mar/Apr Stampin' Success publication totally got my attention and had me scrambling to find gold embossing powder.  Do you remember when certain Stampin' Up! products had pretty blue and white colored labels?  That's what my container of gold embossing powder has, so you can imagine that it's not new.  On page 21 of the recent Stampin' Success, I found gorgeous project photos featuring the Happy Watercolor stamp set and, of course, gold stamping and embossing.  The gold heat-embossed doilies were striking.  So striking!  I've seen a few ways to color doilies, but gold-embossed . . . oh my . . . sweet!!!!  And so began the inspiration to create this card.
In case you're wondering, I did NOT copy any of the projects that were pictured on page 21; instead, I used them to challenge myself to create something that I would find just as pleasing (if not more so), and I really like this card!  Whether I use gold or silver embossed doilies, this card can be re-done in a host of gorgeous color combos!  I suppose that is true for any card design/sketch, but there are some designs that make you want to make them over and over again.  Know what I mean?  Stampin' Up! products that I used for this card include: 
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Soft Sky, Soft Suede
Stamp Set:  Happy Watercolor
Ink:  Soft Sky, Pool Party, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight
Sizzix:  Decorative Dots embossing folder
Punch:  Corner Rounder
Accessories:  Gold embossing powder, rhinestone jewels, linen thread, heat tool, aqua painter, stretch ruffle trim

No comments: