Monday, April 14, 2014

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY" . . . AND A WINNER!!!

I can't stop creating with Stampin' Up!'s Stippled Blossoms stamp set!  For this week's MISM project, I chose to stamp the detail rose image with Primrose Petals ink on top of the Blushing Bride background image.  For the leaves, I used Old Olive ink but stamped off once for the background image.  My card stock colors are Blushing Bride, Primrose Petals, Whisper White, and Old Olive.  If it looks like the first two layers are off the edge of the Blushing Bride card, that's because they are.  At the last minute, I decided to use Needlepoint Border embossing folder on the right edge of the already-slim card, which didn't leave room for the top layers of card stock.  Instead of cutting another card, I decided to just go for it and let this card have a unique layout.  I couldn't find (didn't feel like digging out) my Blushing Bride pleated ribbon, so I made my own loopy pleats with the crochet trim and further dressed it up with small bows from linen thread.  The linen thread was used again on the hello sentiment flag, and I really liked how that turned out!  Other Stampin' Up! products that I used to complete this card include rhinestone jewels and A Dozen Thoughts stamp set.  If you don't yet own Stippled Blossoms, you need it!  And while you're placing an order (hopefully, with me at www.regina.stampinup.net), go ahead and treat yourself to A Dozen Thoughts, which is another stamp set that I love!
WINNER! WINNER! WINNER!
With my blog post on April 8th, I announced that I had a FREE one-month subscription to Craft Project Central to give awayI was pleasantly surprised with all of the comments and very much appreciate each of them!  I used random.org to select the winning name, which is . . . lucky #7 . . . SANDY HERMAN who wrote, "I love it…..another magnificent use of the envelope punch board. You are so crafty Regina!!!!!"  Sandy, please email me at randari at hotmail dot com so we can get your subscription started.  Again, I thank everyone who took the time to leave a comment!

No comments: