Monday, April 7, 2014

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

For today's MISM project (and, yes, it was a snappy one), I opened a brand new stamp set and fell in love.  Stippled Blossoms should be named Snappy & Stunning Stippled Blossoms because the two-step images were so crazily easy to stamp beautifully without the use of the Stamp-a-ma-jig.  Aren't those roses gorgeous?!?!  I seriously LVE this stamp set and can see myself using it to make several sets of cards--quickly!  Years ago, I really enjoyed a similar stamp set (of roses) and hated to see it retire and, until recently, I had managed to talk myself out of purchasing Stippled Blossoms.  Big mistake because I have been missing out, and now I hope this awesome stamp set will not be on the retiring products list this year!  I don't know if it's necessarily true for all or most two-step stamp sets, but it seems to me that they can often be used to create your own designer paper and/or backgrounds; of course, when doing so, you don't have to layer the images--just use them randomly.  To create this card, I first stamped the leaves on the Whisper White layer using Pear Pizzazz ink.  Soft Sky ink was used to stamp the background image for the roses, and I used Bermuda Bay ink to stamp the floral detail.  Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz markers were used to ink the little rosebud on the sentiment label.  Other Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include the Artisan Label punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, and Soft Sky card stock, and Pear Pizzazz Chevron ribbon.  Something tells me that you haven't seen the last of this stamp set on my blog!  Have a happy Monday and a fabulous week!  Be sure to visit tomorrow when I share a photo of the project that I designed this month for Craft Project Central!  ;-)

1 comment:

Daria said...

Beautiful card! I love the antique look you achieved.