Friday, June 27, 2014

A STRAWBERRY BASKET FOR MAMAW

How cute is this little strawberry basket?  I recently purchased some Silhouette cut files from svgcuts.com, and this basket was one of the included box cards and the first one that I wanted to make.
I used retired Stampin' Up! designer paper on the flaps and decorated each simply with a button and twine (retired from Stampin' Up!).  An extra piece of card stock was cut for each of the bottom panels, and I embossed them with a basket weave texture using a Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder.  A dotted embossing folder was used on each of the strawberries, which were lightly sponged with Soft Suede ink.  A rhinestone jewel was placed in the center of each of the blossoms, and I used the medium Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blendabilities marker to color the jewels.
I love that box cards fold flat for mailing, but I hand-delivered this one yesterday since it had some extra bulk from the buttons, jewels, and twine.  The berry special hello sentiment was created on the computer, and the you make me smile sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s A Round Array stamp set.


No comments: