Thursday, June 19, 2014

"PICTOGRAM PUNCHES" & PAPER PUMPKIN FOR CHAD'S BIRTHDAY CARD

Today is my son's 23rd birthday and when I sat down to make his card, I used a few things that were already on the desk . . . Stampin' Up!'s Pictogram Punches stamp set and the June My Paper Pumpkin kit.  Is it sad that I often do that when I need a card--use what's already on my desk?  Earlier last evening, I opened the kit, made a pinwheel, and quite liked it.  The papers in the kit are pretty and obviously designed to celebrate the 4th of July, but they're manly, too.  Since I didn't have to mail Chad's card, it didn't matter that I used a bulky pinwheel on it.  The Whisper White stamped strip features the celebrate sentiment from the kit, and the star images are from Pictogram Punches, as is the "You're a star" sentiment.  I used the star punch from Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack to cut one of the stamped star images to place on the sentiment tag and then wrapped Baker's twine around the left end and tied it in a bow.  Obviously, this is an oversized card--5" x 5-1/2".  Other Stampin' Up! products used to complete this card include Real Red card stock, and my ink colors are Real Red, Night of Navy, and Smoky Slate.

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

I am sure he's gonna love it... do u want to adopt me?