Wednesday, June 25, 2014

PURSE-SHAPED GIFT CARD HOLDER

My mother celebrated her birthday on Monday with her friends in the quilt club.  They do things a little different in that the person with the birthday brings the cake, party favors, etc.  She had planned to give gift cards to her friends and asked a few weeks ago if I could make a holder for them.  I had a cut file for the Silhouette to make this cute little purse, and it seemed perfect.  I tried to choose designer paper that looked "quilt-y" and thought a button in the center of the flower was a nice touch.  Sometimes when I'm asked for a certain kind of project, I have a really hard time coming up with something.  It was a piece of cake to make eight of these little purses, and the quilt ladies loved them.

2 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

Way cute. I know the ladies loved them.

Debbie said...

CUTE!